Utah Cutthroat Slam, Bonneville Cutthroat Trout

So I located a place in a awesome mountain range not to far away from me where Bonneville Cutthroat Trout were supposed to be wiped out from a fire. I decided one day to go by myself and check this out. When I first arrived at this stream I noticed it had awesome potential....deep pools and perfect water for trout. I decided to go down stream for whatever reason. There was still snow on the ground so  I think I tried to avoid it. I let my fly go down stream just messing around, I didn't actually think anything would be where I dropped my fly. I watched a larger trout jump up and could see my bright green fly in it's mouth. From this point on, this stream has never disappointed me. I didn't catch many this day because I went down stream.

I have been back approximately 10 times to this stream. I have brought friends and Hollie. A matter of fact it was one of my first dates with her! I was happy to see that the Utah Cutthroat Slam had Bonneville Cutthroat in it because this is one species already nailed down.

I have gone upstream with my friend and uncle. I have caught my biggest Bonneville out of this stream and I have seen larger ones that I could not get. Attached below will be random photos of different trips. This place is a secret for me and I only tell a few trusted people. It is a hidden gem for me! My friend featured in the below photos is the guy I owe it to for teaching me how to fly fish! Thanks Zach!

This would be my first species for the Utah Cutthroat Slam!













Snychez' first Bonneville!

I thought having an infected eye would deter her!























I owe it to this guy who got me into fly fishing and my obsession with catching trout.


Comments

  1. Hey Milo, nice post & pictures of the Bonnies. Looking forward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for looking bud! Just so you know your blog inspired me to create this of my travels! I always look forward to your updates and have commented on some of your blog post! Keep up the good work

      Delete

Post a Comment