Catching Gila Trout.

Surprisingly, Instagram is a good way to find out information and connect with other people who enjoy trout fishing. I get tons of messages from people straight out asking where I went, what line I used, what size hook, what's the exact GPS...Etc. I don't share that info like that. I do meet people who do the same as I and sometimes we end up fishing together.

We left Las Vegas to go after Gila Trout. I made a friend on Instagram who fished this creek before and had knowledge of it. He was cool enough to meet us at the trail to the mountain and take us to the mountain. My 2wd wouldn't make it. This was my first time meeting him and he was a pretty awesome guy to fish with. He also can bounce from rock to rock without a problem. I was worried about the weather as it was pouring rain just before sunrise. To our luck it was just cloudy.

The view from the mountain was an awesome sight. I have never been to this mountain but have read so much about it. Luckily the Gila thrive here just fine. It was good to make a new friend and fish new waters. I can not wait to go back. Some of the holes in this creek had 20 plus fish in them that just kept biting. I was impressed by the size of some of the Gila. I know the information is easy to access where they are at but this is one place I will be tight lipped about. I would of never thought Arizona would have such great trout fishing.

Hope you guys like the pictures.

















Take a look at this underwater photo. I released a bigger Gila Trout and tried to photograph it. I was not successful, however there are two Gila Trout in this picture I was not aware of.

















Comments