Utah Cutthroat Slam, Colorado Cutthroat Trout

So I got to post about this trip Hollie and I did. A little into fall I wanted to do the Utah Cutthroat Slam. We packed the car up and drove way the hell up north. It was a fun drive and a fun experience. To tell you the truth,  I didn't really know where the hell I was going or going to end up. I had an idea of some creeks to hit. I had help from a good friend though, you can view his site here, https://flyguydave.wordpress.com/ . He knows a hell of a lot about trout and has completed the slam as well.

I don't know how but the first stop was in north east Utah. I came across a small little clearing in the forest just perfect for a tent. All night, I could hear wolves and sheep. It was creepy but added to the fun. I woke early because I was excited and saw we were near a small lake. I decided while Hollie slept to throw in a fly. I wish I took a picture of this tiny Tiger Trout I caught. They look so cool when they are small. We took a dirt road to the creek we needed to get to in order to catch the Colorado Cutthroat, the first on the slam. We located the creek and decided to fish a beaver dam that had at least 50 cutthroat in this pool. We fished this for awhile and caught our Colorado Cutthroat.

This was home for the night.


We hiked about a mile down a road to the beaver dams. It was cool seeing the fall colors.







The last Colorado Cutthroat we caught.



Comments